Re: Considering Presenting a Talk on Alternate Structures for the TC--How to Do So Constructively

Hi Sam,

Sorry for not replying to this earlier.

On 2020-06-26 14:05, Sam Hartman wrote:
David Bremner is concerned that me just submitting a talk might come
across as not constructive, and I agree that without working together
and coordinating this could be a problem.
He also said that you were were going to make a proposal at DC20 as
well.

I am indeed working on a bunch of proposals of how we can make the TC better. The current plan is to present this in the very near future. The timeline that we discussed during the last meeting is that I'll share what I have through the debian-ctte mailing list by tomorrow (Sunday, July 19th) and then we'll share the revised version with the whole project in a week (Sunday, July 26th), to solicit questions, feedback, etc.

The goal is to have a real-time discussion during DebConf about this, but based on some proposals and feedback so that we're not just surprising everyone with something out of the blue and can try to make the most out of the real-time interaction.

I've reached a point where I think I could put together a concrete
proposal as a starting point for discussion with the community.

If you have something concrete that you'd like to share, I'd urge you to do it now, so that we can incorporate it into our proposal. Otherwise, you can just give us feedback on the proposal that we'll present as it evolves and participate in the discussion during the DebConf BoF.

--
Regards,
Marga