Re: Term limits

Le jeudi, 22 novembre 2018, 00.16:50 h CET Margarita Manterola a écrit :
> I was about to send the mail to d-d-a as agreed in the meeting today and
> started looking into previous mails and appointments and I think we may
> have made a mistake thinking that Didier's and Tollef's terms expire
> this year.

I'm probably to be fingerpointed here, sorry for perpetuating the
misinterpretation. :-/

> "On January 1st of each year the term of any Committee member who has
> served more than 42 months (3.5 years) and who is one of the two most
> senior members is set to expire on December 31st of that year."
>
> On January of this year (2018), Didier and Tollef had served on the
> committee 34 months.  On January of next year (2019), they will have
> served 46 months.  So their terms are set to expire on December 31st of
> 2019, not 2018.

Re-reading it now, I interpret it the same way.

For Tollef and myself:
	On January 1st of 2019, we will have served more than 42 months (aka 45
	months), and we'll both be the most senior (=longest serving members)
	members. So our terms are set to expire on December 31st of 2019.

(CC'ing the secretary, just out of extra precaution).

> Am I reading this wrong? If I'm not, then I guess we can halt our
> recruitment efforts?

Well, I guess so yes.

Cheers,
    OdyX