Re: TC nomination procedure v0

Le mardi, 28 novembre 2017, 14.26:05 h CET Sean Whitton a écrit :
> On Tue, Nov 28 2017, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
> >   - The TC *does not* make the number of nominees or number of
> >     accepted nominations public.
>
> I'm curious to here the thinking behind this particular line of the
> procedure.

The current process is the result of multiple not-really-thought-through
iterations, and I don't think the TC ever really had an active conversation
about that specific item. But here's my take:

It's easier [0] to have only few "public moments" in that process.
* the TC says "we have free seats"
* (… something happens in private …)
* the TC says "we ask the DPL to fill that one seat with #{project_member}"

So to answer your question specifically; I don't think the TC hides the
numbers on purpose, it just doesn't really go through the effort of making
them public.

Another aspect there also is that we don't want to put anyone who entered the
process under bad public light. Low numbers would help draw (probably wrong)
conclusions if one knows about some nominations.

Cheers,
    OdyX

[0] As in "it costs less spoons".