Re: December 2016 TC meeting is at 'Thu Dec 22 18:00:00 UTC 2016'

Didier 'OdyX' Raboud writes ("Re: December 2016 TC meeting is at 'Thu Dec 22 18:00:00 UTC 2016'"):
> But in short, in case I can't attend at all:
> - regarding #846002 (blends-tasks), I see the discussion still going
> on without a clear-enough gordian knot for the TC to cut. Technical
> solutions are being discussed, and it doesn't seem to me that more
> TC involvment (in addition to Phil's) would be of much help now. The
> TC should definitely keep an eye on that subject though.

There are two separate potential disputes there now:

 * If the choice is between what we have, and dropping the blends from
   the installer menu, which is better ?  There has been little
   movement from either side on this key point and it remains
   outstanding, despite sterling efforts by some people to find a
   compromise.

   I think the TC is going to have to make a ruling on this, one way
   or another.

 * Is it too late to implement anything better ?  That seems to be the
   suggestion from some quarters, although apparently there is some
   difficulty with getting even review effort, let alone effort to
   help with implementation.

I would suggest that the TC should not delay.  Delay makes the problem
worse.