[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Bug#802159: New OpenSSL upstream version

On Sat, 2015-10-31 at 00:02 +0100, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 02:38:13PM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:
> > On Tue, 20 Oct 2015, Don Armstrong wrote:
> > > If there's something specific that you'd like the CTTE to try to do
> > > beyond what I've just reported now, let me know.
> > 
> > Let me know if you'd like the CTTE to do something beyond what I've
> > already done.
> I guess I would like to know what the options are.  The way I see
> it:
> - The release team makes a decision
> - The release team asks someone else to make the decision
> - Someone makes a policy of what is acceptable, not the current
>   situtation where there don't seem to be any rules.

If one of those things happened and the resulting decision was that new
OpenSSL upstream releases don't get blanket exceptions, would that be
the end of this discussion?

> - The DPL removes that power from their delegation.
>   (One can argue that the DPL didn't have the power to delegate
>    that in the first place.)

I have to admit that this really doesn't fill me with confidence that
the aim is to get "a decision", rather than force a particular decision.



Reply to: