Regrets for Tomorrow's Meeting

Hi, folks.
I will be at an event in maryland that starts just around the time of
the meeting so I'll be unable to attend.

I hope I've been more clear in my communication about the menu policy
bug.  I'd really like to see us call for any objections to the proposal
on debian-policy and amongst ourselves prior to voting.

My suspicion is that based on my review, we have fairly strong evidence
that the policy process did reach consensus.

The big question seems to be whether the issue of displaying all
applications on XDG menus vs only those that are desirable in a desktop
environment was adequately considered.  If we believe that it was
adequately considered and that the sense of the list is reflected in the
proposal, then I believe the policy process actually did reach rough
consensus under their process.

If they did reach rough consensus I'd strongly prefer that we adopt
Charles  proposal unless specific objections are raised during our
process.