Re: please stop

Russ Allbery wrote:
> Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:
>
> > I am astounded that, in #762194, the technical committe has
>
> > 1. Decided it should make a decision, when no disagreement
> >    between maintainers of affected packages is involved.
>
> Er, what decision did we make in that bug?
>
> The reason why I supported that resolution is that it's *not* a decision.

4. For the moment, we invite concrete proposals for technical changes
   which would arrange that 1. new jessie installations using Linux
   would get systemd but 2. existing installations retain their
   existing init system so far as possible.

That appears to be an implicit decision that the cttee is overruling the
current upgrade path.

--
see shy jo