741573: menu system. Added list of alternative solutions

I've been thinking about how to make progress on 741573, the menu
system bug, and have decided to try and focus our discussion on
constructing a suitable ballot for a vote. I've added a list of
potential ballot items to the repository and hope that we can work on
eliminating as many as possible, and then simply construct a ballot of
the remaining entries and hold a vote.

Here's what I've added:

A suitable edit to §9.6 of the policy manual for each option would be
generated before ballot was written, but I think the wording is
"obvious" from the contents below:

1)
	Require menu
	Disallow desktop