[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Bug#717076: libjpeg draft resolution

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 11:39:21PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> This was stalled because of an unfortunate interaction with the
> Project Secretary.  I think we should press ahead with our resolution.
> I have adapted Colin's resolution text.  I have:
>  - specified that the transition plan should state timescales
>  - replaced the text saying we were overruling the libjpeg8 maintainer
>    with text explaining that the dropping of the provides is a direct
>    consequence of our decision
>  - explicitly stated that we expect the libjpeg8 maintainer to make
>    the relevant upload in accordance with the plan and said that
>    if it doesn't happen the libjpeg-turbo maintainer should NMU.
>  - consequently option A is now only 1:1

Apologies for dropping the ball on this, and thanks for picking it up.
Your changes make sense to me and I'm happy to vote on them.

Colin Watson                                       [cjwatson@debian.org]

Reply to: