Integration of FreeDestkop standards in the Policy: patch proposed.

Le Sat, Jan 04, 2014 at 10:28:37AM -0800, Russ Allbery a écrit :

> It's been obvious to me that desktop files are a better (and, more
> importantly, more widely supported) representation of this information for
> over six years now, but given that I, as a Policy Editor, don't know how to
> effectively get there from here, I have a hard time blaming the GNOME and KDE
> maintainers for not knowing either.

For the record, here are the links to the message where I just proposed a
patch to the Policy on that matter.  Many thanks to Josselin for initiating
the wording.

 - http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=707851#195
 - http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?msg=200;filename=policy-freedesktop.patch;att=1;bug=707851

Have a nice day,