Comman bugs in wheezy AMD 64bit

Sir I have already mentioned that package management is not good in debian based distributions than rpm based distributions then you have answered that apt package manager is very sophisticated and I believed in you and I have obtained Debian wheezy AMD64bit dvd's and installed the system two times and and these installations has taken completely one month even not succeeded.

What I have noticed is that debian installation dvd's contain buggy software and the total debian system is worse.

I have never experienced in my life such errors while operating wheezy system and the errors I encountered frequently are
1) Input output error
2) segmentation fault
3) while installing software using synaptic getting read errors even though I have copied all the iso images to harddisk and created local repositories.
4) Even when there is power failure I am facing problems regarding packages

Many people in debian forums suggested and argued that dont install all the software contained in local repositories but I am not sure whether a particular package which is useful for me will not contain bugs.

At first time I have installed 32000 packages foolishly and thought debian system cant go wrong and finally the system resulted in broken state
When I try to remove broken system the package management subsystem is unable to remove a package or even install a new package and
frequently throwing the following error
Unable to initialize frontend Newt:
and then the installation process or removal process stops.

At present I am in second installation and I have installed main packages which are useful to me
Now the problem is package manager is throwing frequently that there is an error at line ... in /var/lib/dpkg/status file and when I correct it again it is showing the same.
So I have copied the status-old file to status now I am getting the following error
root@Rupesh:~# aptitude search ~b
[ ERR] Reading package lists
E: Problem parsing dependency Depends
E: Error occurred while processing libhttp-date-perl (NewVersion2)
E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/dpkg/status
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
[ ERR] Reading package lists
E: Problem parsing dependency Depends
E: Error occurred while processing libhttp-date-perl (NewVersion2)
E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/dpkg/status
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
root@Rupesh:~#
Sir I am requesting is there any way to solve this issue.

While operating OpenSuse(most user friendly) or atleast Fedora it was a nice experience. OpenSuse newer throws the system into broken state and also when the system is corrupted it tries to fix the issues at its best.You can ask why you have choosed debian then my answer is it offers more desktop environments.

I want to start my career in Linux so can I use Debian or not.

Regards,
Rupesh.