[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Bug#671364: Please decide on dma maintenance

Hi Peter,

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 01:00:17PM +0300, Peter Pentchev wrote:
> > On Sun, 23 Jun 2013, Russ Allbery wrote:
> > > Based on the prior discussion in this bug, it looks like this is just a
> > > case of an overwhelmed maintainer who hasn't had time to work on Debian.

> Well, the truth is that I am indeed guilty of letting the dma packaging
> work slide too far.  Last night I thought about this, and today I was
> going to write the following even before I saw Russ's and Raphael's
> well-deserved responses (yes, I do realize that my words would have come
> out better if I'd actually written them before these e-mails).

> It turns out that, indeed, I have not found enough time to devote to the
> maintainership of this package for quite some time now.  I will cede
> maintainership to whomever desires it - my packaging work is available
> at a Gitorious repository and, of course, it may be migrated to
> collab-maint or something similar - unless the new maintainer desires to
> start from scratch with the packaging of a newer version of dma based on
> upstream's code.  I will only be glad to see this, IMHO important, mail
> transfer agent gain even broader adoption.

> I am truly sorry that this issue had to come to the CTTE's attention.
> I apologize to everyone involved, everyone who bugged me over the past
> two years, and everyone who came to learn about this issue through this
> bug.  Yes, I know that the CTTE's purpose is not really to be a loud
> wake-up call, it shouldn't have come to this.

> Thanks again to everyone for the understanding, and sorry it had to come
> to this!

I commend you for your grace in responding to this issue.  It's not easy to
admit that we've bitten off more than we can chew, and even if it did get
brought to the TC, it seems that this bug can be resolved amicably,
consensually and with no need for a TC vote.

Arno, Laurent: are either or both of you willing to take over the package as
maintainers?  Should we close this bug report directly, or should it be
reassigned to wnpp as a RFA: or O: bug?

Steve Langasek                   Give me a lever long enough and a Free OS
Debian Developer                   to set it on, and I can move the world.
Ubuntu Developer                                    http://www.debian.org/
slangasek@ubuntu.com                                     vorlon@debian.org

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

Reply to: