Re: FTP masters willingly blocking OpenStack nova 2013.1 just right before the OpenStack summit

It's probably also worth noting that large numbers of tiny packages have
been a point of significant controversy in terms of archive management and
the archive acceptance policy for many years.  I've seen several packages
rejected before, at least initially, for being split into too many tiny
packages or packaging something that would be better included in another
package.

I haven't reviewed the details of these specific packages, but I can
reassure you that you're not being singled out here.  This is something
that ftp-master does routinely check for, and lots of other people's
packages have been rejected for the same reason in the past.

This has always felt to me like a technical flaw -- it would be nice to
make adding new packages cheap and find some way of not worrying so much
about metadata bloat -- but I have no technical solution.