Bug#698556: Please override isdnutils maintainer's decision to not fix the broken isdnutils package in wheezy
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: Christoph Biedl <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Bug#698556: Please override isdnutils maintainer's decision to not fix the broken isdnutils package in wheezy
- From: Andreas Barth <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 21:37:08 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20130306203708.GL28240@mails.so.argh.org>
- Reply-to: Andreas Barth <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <20130227070128.GF28240@mails.so.argh.org>
- References: <20130206000219.GN6814@rzlab.ucr.edu> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20130218194043.GR6416@teltox.donarmstrong.com> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20130221072835.GC28240@mails.so.argh.org> <20130224174016.GD28240@mails.so.argh.org> <20130227070128.GF28240@mails.so.argh.org>
* Andreas Barth (email@example.com) [130227 08:01]:
> * Andreas Barth (firstname.lastname@example.org) [130224 18:43]:
> > Whereas
> > 1. The technical committee was asked to overrule the decision of the
> > isdnutils maintainer to remove the creation of devices (see #698556).
> > 2. There is a tested patch ready to use available.
> > 3. The bug in question is considered release critical by the release
> > team.
> > 4. In spite of being asked, the maintainer didn't comment on this
> > request.
> > 5. Considering the current time plan, we don't expect to have other
> > ways to create devices nodes (i.e. via kernel changes and udev) in
> > time for the next stable release.
> > The Technical Committee
> > 1. Decides to overrule the decision of the maintainer of isdnutils to
> > remove the creation of device nodes
> > 2. Authorizes Christoph Biedl to undo the change with an upload to
> > unstable earliest an week after the decision, unless the maintainer
> > uploads an revert faster.
> > 3. Asks the release team to allow the fixed package to move to
> > testing for the next stable release.
> Calling for Votes on this resolution (as A) and the default resolution
> (further discussion as F).
As the voting periode is over now, with 5 votes for AF, and rest
abstain, this resolution has passed sucessfully. (I also bounced the
votes to the bug report, as most had been sent only to the list; but
even the two to the bug report would have been sufficient.)