Re: node (was: IRC Meeting (Thursday, May 31, 2012) Notes and Logs (Time in PDT))

On Sun, Jun 03, 2012 at 10:45:51PM +0200, Carsten Hey wrote:
> The last paragraph of [1] suggests that there is no technical conflict
> between the maintainers of both packages.  All that would have been
> needed after the communication problem was solved is a technical
> solution that makes all happy and the release team and the ftpmasters
> agreeing to ignore the according policy violation.  Anyway, now the
> technical committee is in the game and I assume the release team would
> not create facts whilst the TC is discussing this unless it is asked by
> TC members.

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean about the release team creating facts, I'm
not aware of any approaches by the maintainers or others asking for any
opinions from the release team.

The only references I can find are #611663 which removed nodejs from
testing about 18 months ago, and #670858 which declined to remove the
radio server 'node' from testing

Some clarity there would be useful.

Neil
(RM hat)