Re: seats shuffling

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 12:49:33PM -0700, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 30 2012, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
>
> > I agree with you that one member of the tech-ctte has been inactive
> > at least over the period I've been DPL. No blame is intended with
> > that: we all know that in a volunteer community that could happen
> > for a whole lot of different reasons.
>
>         I suspect that is likely to be me.

Hi Manoj, yes, I confirm this.  It was my intention to volunteer to
contact you about this personally, but not before having received
confirmation from the other tech-ctte members that they agreed with the
course of action I suggested.

>         I have been mostly inactive for over two years now, and I
>  think it is time to accept that I might not have time to resume my
>  duties. I agree that we do not want to have dead weight on the tech
>  ctte, and I don't want to be an obstacle in inducting new people into
>  the ctte.
>
>         I, with some regret on my part, I hereby tender my resignation
>  from the ctte. It has been an honor serving with all y'all.

I hereby thank you for your honorable service as tech-ctte member up to
now. And also for this message: I guess it was not an easy step to make,
but it is useful for the Project to make the declared and actual forces
on any team coincide. Thanks for helping with that.

Cheers.

PS from a merely procedural point of view, this means that we'll rather
   need to go ahead with a "standard" tech-ctte appointment, once the
   tech-ctte have decided how to nominate candidate(s) to me.
Debian Project Leader . . . . . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .