[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Meeting logs from Thursday, June 28th meeting

The meeting logs from the june meeting are attached.

Brief Summary:

1) Next meeting is at date -d 'July 26 2012 17:00 UTC'
2) CTTE BOF at Debconf, exact time and date to be announced
3) ACTION nodejs/node issue to be written up by Steve
4) ACTION python maintainership to be written up by Steve
5) ACTION constitutional amendment proposals by Ian

Don Armstrong

All my dreams came true.
I just didn't think them through.
 -- a softer world #388

http://www.donarmstrong.com              http://rzlab.ucr.edu
09:43:47 -!- jwilk [~jwilk@1-dom-5.acn.waw.pl] has joined #debian-ctte
10:01:22 -!- rra [~eagle@windlord.Stanford.EDU] has joined #debian-ctte
10:01:29 <aba> hi
10:01:37 <rra> Heya!  Sorry I'm late.
10:03:57 <zack> looks like you're not the only one ;)
10:04:12 <aba> rra: at least you're here, I'd say
10:05:03 <zack> dondelelcaro: around?
10:05:11 <aba> bdale: are you here?
10:05:19 <aba> vorlon: ?
10:05:54 <bdale> here
10:06:09 <bdale> multiplexing, as usual
10:06:37 <bdale> need to get these meetings into a calendar I can add to my phone's sync list
10:08:43 <dondelelcaro> here
10:08:58 <dondelelcaro> sorry; on the road, and only now was able to set up
10:10:28 <vorlon> hi, here-ish
10:10:31 <vorlon> sorry
10:11:33 <aba> bdale: do you chair the meeting?
10:12:20 <zack> aba: given the declared availability, either you or rra are probably better choices
10:12:22 <dondelelcaro> diziet or manoj doesn't seem to be around yet
10:12:34 <vorlon> or cjwatson
10:13:06 <rra> manoj and cjwatson didn't make the last meeting, IIRC; I'm not sure if they were planning on making it.
10:13:12 <rra> I thought Diziet was planning on being here.
10:13:25 <dondelelcaro> yeah, I thought so too
10:13:46 <aba> he said so by mail at least
10:14:02 <rra> Most of what we had on the agenda was the super-majority and other GR stuff, I believe, which was largely Diziet's topic.
10:14:03 <bdale> I hadn't planned to chair, but certainly could.  do we have an agenda?
10:14:21 <vorlon> dunno
10:14:30 <vorlon> I know I've failed to get my two action items done over the past month
10:14:33 <rra> I think we're pending action items on the other open tickets except for the super-majority and other GR fixes.
10:14:34 <zack> going through past action items would be nice
10:14:42 <vorlon> and I'm not sure we have any new bugs since then
10:14:55 <bdale> vorlon: any progress to report, or just "oops, maybe by next time"?
10:14:56 <rra> We just had the one that you closed today (which I concur didn't seem to be a real tech-ctte bug).
10:14:59 <aba> let us check the bugs.
10:15:11 <aba> but doesn't look like there are new ones.
10:15:19 -!- cjwatson [~cjwatson@82-69-40-219.dsl.in-addr.zen.co.uk] has joined #debian-ctte
10:15:32 <cjwatson> My apologies, I'm clearly horribly behind on mail
10:15:38 <vorlon> bdale: no progress - since I seem to be able to make time for TC work when I schedule it on my calendar, I'm planning to multitask and get at least one of the resolutions written up while I'm sitting here ;)
10:15:43 <rra> cjwatson: Not a problem -- we'd not really started.
10:16:08 <rra> Our only open bugs right now are node, Python, and the super-majority/GR fixes.
10:16:11 -!- pl [~pl@83-238-131-10.ip.netia.com.pl] has joined #debian-ctte
10:16:50 <vorlon> and I'm holding the baton for the first two of those - mea culpa
10:16:57 <bdale> ok, so vorlon was going to write resolutions for the first to and diziet was expected to tackle the latter, right?
10:17:09 <aba> yes
10:17:28 <bdale> I saw some email from diziet around the non-public ctte list shortly after our last meeting, not sure where that ended up
10:17:29 <rra> Yeah, we ran out of time to talk about the latter, and Diziet was going to drive the discussion.
10:17:41 <rra> Me either -- his mail was the last that I saw about it.
10:17:44 <bdale> FedEx at my door, bbiam
10:19:55 <dondelelcaro> ok. was there something specific we needed to deal with, or do we just have the action items that vorlon was working on?
10:20:09 <vorlon> I don't think we have anything new
10:20:26  * bdale is back
10:20:28 <vorlon> last time I hinted that I had another issue I wanted the TC to take up... and it wound up resolving itself via debian-devel before then ;)
10:20:33 <vorlon> (tmpfs on /tmp)
10:20:39 <bdale> cool
10:20:43 <dondelelcaro> ah, good
10:21:22 <vorlon> so, ah
10:21:32 <vorlon> should we adjourn? :)
10:21:37 <bdale> I think so
10:21:45 <vorlon> oh
10:21:45 <bdale> several of us will be at Debconf, right?
10:21:45 <aba> yes
10:21:48 <dondelelcaro> yes
10:21:51  * aba not
10:21:52 <vorlon> do we want to set another meeting date?
10:21:55 <vorlon> I'll be at DebConf
10:21:59 <aba> vorlon: we should
10:22:01  * rra won't be able to make DebConf.
10:22:05 <dondelelcaro> will we be at debcamp? or just debconf?
10:22:13 <bdale> we should indeed set our next meeting date, but I hope/presume we can close some pending things while at Debconf, too
10:22:13 <vorlon> I'm only there for the last day of DebCamp
10:22:17 <dondelelcaro> maybe we can do an online meeting with streaming
10:22:20 <dondelelcaro> ok
10:22:30 <rra> I'd be happy to sign on for an online meeting.
10:22:40 <zack> sorry to be a PITA, but vorlon do you want to keep both action items?
10:22:40 <zack> if the meeting is to ajourn anyhow, maybe they could be parallelized a bit?
10:22:41 <bdale> I'd ask that folks who won't be in Managua pay attention to email and/or IRC in case we want to push votes to conclusion during the week
10:22:41 <dondelelcaro> or half online/half real life
10:22:48 <dondelelcaro> right
10:22:49 <rra> I don't think I have any local video capability, but I can participate via IRC.
10:22:53 <rra> And watch the video.
10:23:17 <vorlon> zack: I'm going to keep them both, yeah... I'm already halfway through the easy one, and the hard one I don't think I can pass off
10:23:26 <bdale> I put in a BOF request, I think, but I don't know if it has been scheduled
10:23:37 <bdale> vorlon: thanks
10:23:54 <aba> ok, which date do we want? or should we take the date of the bof as surprise for the non-attending ones?
10:24:13  * bdale checks penta
10:24:16 <aba> (or do we want to schedule the next online one now, and have the bof-one inbetween?)
10:24:19 <cjwatson> I won't be at DebConf, but (a) I'm happy to commit to paying attention to online things for the duration (b) in any case I intend to take vorlon's lead and block out some explicit time for dealing with TC work
10:24:26 <bdale> BOF request marked as accepted
10:24:29 <cjwatson> Since it's completely dropped off my radar for a while
10:24:44 <cjwatson> I have sporadic local video capability
10:24:47 <bdale> 7/9, 18:00 local time, 45 mins
10:24:49 <dondelelcaro> why don't we schedule one irc meeting now, and we can change it if necessary
10:25:11 <bdale> dondelelcaro: I agree
10:25:17 <rra> does anyone know off-hand what the local GMT offset is for local time there?
10:25:19 <aba> bdale: what does that translate to?
10:25:22 <dondelelcaro> rra: -6, iirc
10:25:23 <rra> I'll get that on my calendar so that I'm on IRC.
10:25:40 <bdale> a month from now would be the 26th of July
10:25:51 <dondelelcaro> does 17:00 UTC on the 26th work for us?
10:25:52 <vorlon> -6, confirmed
10:25:54 <bdale> that's enough after Debconf to seem useful 
10:26:08 <bdale> dondelelcaro: works for me
10:26:14 <cjwatson> 18:00 local - ugh, that's 01:00 here, but doable
10:26:24 <aba> works for me (26th)
10:26:27 <bdale> do we have a calendar somewhere in d.o space we can use, or should I set up another google calendar for these?
10:26:27 <rra> 17:00 UTC on the 26th works great for me.
10:26:34 <aba> it's 02:00 here - not doable I'd say
10:26:47 <bdale> aba: np
10:26:48 <vorlon> 26th ok by me for the next IRC meeting
10:26:50 <dondelelcaro> #startvote 17:00 UTC on July 26th meeting
10:26:59 <vorlon> +1
10:26:59 <dondelelcaro> hrm... maybe I needed to start the meeting, oh well.
10:27:02 <cjwatson> +1
10:27:03 <rra> +1
10:27:05 <bdale> I don't think remote participation for the Managua BOF is all that useful, though of course you're all welcome
10:27:25 <aba> 26th is ok for me, but I won't make the bof.
10:27:44 <rra> I'll probably sit in on-line on the BoF just because I can.
10:27:45 <bdale> zack: anything else you wanted to bring up?
10:28:19 <bdale> for the future, i'll put together a simple meeting script such as what I use for the SPI board meetings and plan to play chair here on IRC, unless someone objects
10:28:37 <rra> That sounds great here.
10:28:46 <bdale> that will include a call for last minute agenda items when we start
10:29:16 -!- dondelelcaro changed the topic of #debian-ctte to: Next meeting date -d 'July 26 2012 17:00 UTC' | Open issues: #614907: node <-> nodejs conflict [vorlon to write up resolution]; #573745: python maintainer [vorlon to write up resolution]; #636783: super-majority conflict; #552688: hardening build flags [rra will close as resolved]      
10:29:25 <bdale> ok, great, I think we're done then .. see those of you in Managua who can be there once I arrive late on the 5th, and we'll meet here again at 17:00 UTC on the 26th!
10:29:32 <dondelelcaro> awesome. ok; see many of you at debconf! 
10:29:36 <zack> bdale: nope, just mentioned above the few things I consider priorities, nothing else
10:29:40 <zack> but thanks for asking
10:29:42 <zack> cheers!
10:30:02 <bdale> zack: I'll also make a point of including an "items from the DPL" query in my script
10:30:55 <rra> Yeah, that's a good idea.
10:30:56 <zack> eh, not sure if I should be happy or worried about that :-P
10:31:11 <vorlon> "What's zack pestering us about now"
10:31:14 <vorlon> :)
10:31:19 <zack> :)
10:32:52 <vorlon> #endmeeting
10:32:56 <vorlon> thanks all :)
10:33:16 <rra> Thanks!
10:33:18 <aba> thanks
10:33:37 -!- rra [~eagle@windlord.Stanford.EDU] has quit [Quit: leaving]
10:34:43 -!- morph_laptop [~Sandro@adsl-ull-184-62.41-151.net24.it] has left #debian-ctte [Leaving]

Reply to: