periodic tech-ctte IRC meetings

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 10:53:02PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> Let me then re-propose something that I have proposed at DebConf11 (or
> was it DebConf10?) during the tech-ctte session. I suggest to the
> tech-ctte to hold periodic public IRC meetings, *just* to go through the
> list of open issues. It can be as quick as 30 minutes every 1 or 2
> months, and it doesn't matter if only a few members could attend each
> meeting.
<snip>
> Back then at DebConf, IIRC, present tech-ctte members were in favor of
> the idea, but in the end it hasn't been implemented. Is that something
> the tech-ctte cold consider trying, before proposing Constitution
> changes due to the specific issue of the time that some decisions take
> to be made?

Russ, Ian, and Don followed up to the above stating they're in favor.
Adding the DebConf11 feedback to that, do you think you have enough
support for the idea to make it a reality?

The next obvious step to do so is fixing a first date for a meeting.
And I think it'd be good to advertise it a little bit too, to reinforce
the (truthful) feeling that the tech-ctte is working on improving his
processes and becoming more efficient. (If you follow -devel and/or
-project, you might have notice that this has been a sort of recurring
topic as of recently.)

The DPL is mostly an outsider in all of the above, but I consider this a
very important topic for the project and I'm willing to invest some time
in it. So, if you want me to, I can try to find a time slot for a first
IRC meeting.

Let me know,
Cheers.