Re: Orphan packages

Hi Dmitry,

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 10:07:39AM +0400, Dmitry E. Oboukhov wrote:

> There was (he doesn't maintain anything now) a maintainer who uploaded
> his packages using me (and some other DDs) as a sponsor [4].

> Not long ago he had a conflict with ftp-team [1].  As a result one  of
> his packages was removed from Debian [2] and Ubuntu [3].   It  becomes
> clear that he disagrees with DFSG. So I've asked him to orphan all his
> packages.  He said that he wouldn't do anything and he confirmed again
> that he disagrees with DFSG totally.

> I think that all his packages should be orphaned. Could You do that?

> 1. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=610257
> 2. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=610300
> 3. https://answers.launchpad.net/launchpad/+question/141763
> 4. http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=ivan1986@list.ru

You say that Ivan is no longer maintaining any of these packages.  It seems
to me that these packages are therefore already de facto orphaned, and there
is no dispute here that needs the Technical Committee to rule.  Can you
confirm that this is the case?

If you are certain that Ivan is not interested in maintaining these
packages, it's ok for you to orphan them directly by filing bugs against the
'wnpp' pseudopackage.

Thanks,