Re: Request for TC to rule on a course of action for supporting build-arch

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 01:04:00AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 02:02:52AM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> > Because unstable was changing between the rebuilds, some of the
> > failures are likely due to churn, including multiarch work, so a
> > failure does not necessarily implicate the patch being tested.
>
> I'm surprised that the build environment was continuing to track updates to
> unstable at this time, as opposed to using a static mirror.  That's an
> unfortunate source of noise in the data; how can we get the list of packages
> that failed to build with autodetection that didn't fail with 'debian/rules
> build', to determine if they are indeed false positives?

I am repeating the builds using a static mirror of unstable as of
today.  It'll be about three days again for the builds to complete,
so should be done sometime on Wednesday.  While I don't think this
will provide significant new insight for the ctte, it will provide
a definitive list of false positives/negatives which need fixing
and/or special casing (bar those which are currently unbuildable).
It will essentially be the existing lists ± a few packages.

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh