Re: Request for TC to rule on a course of action for supporting build-arch

* Tollef Fog Heen (tfheen@err.no) [110607 11:14]:
> ]] Steve Langasek
>
> Hi,
>
> |  4) Turn on direct use of 'debian/rules build-arch' on the autobuilders for
> |     all packages in unstable and experimental immediately, with no fallback
> |     if the target does not exist; requires a corresponding update to Policy
> |     and mass updates to fix packages that fail to build as a result.
>
> I'd be happy to provide hardware to do a full scale rebuild test of the
> archive if somebody does the actual work of doing the rebuilds.  rleigh
> did it for his sbuild resolver test so I've Cc-ed him to see if he's
> interested in doing a test for this too.

I'm happy to see that as release target, including fixing the
packages.

However, setting some arbitrary limits when the builds will fail
doesn't sound too attractive to me. Setting this kind of issues to RC
should be left to the release team IMHO.

Andi