Re: Request for TC to rule on a course of action for supporting build-arch

> Any chance you can elaborate on what didn't work well?  I believe this
> will work robustly for packages whose debian/rules is a policy-compliant
> makefile, and I think that the handful of packages which don't could
> reasonably required to, at minimum, return a compatible error code when
> asked about build-arch.  I would expect that NMUing that set of packages
> would take far less effort and archive churn than either setting a flag
> day, or annotating debian/control with Build-Options.

I went back and searched, and I may have misremembered this.  The problem
that we ran into with Lintian I think was that we were worried running
make -qn could invoke code inside the package, due to make functions and
similar cases, which was a security risk for Lintian.  Obviously the same
thing doesn't apply to the buildds.

It obviously won't work for the leave package, but IIRC that was a test
case anyway and will just have to change.

So this may actually be fine.