Re: Call for Votes (Re: mixmaster /etc/default/*)

On Sun, Dec 02, 2007 at 10:13:38PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
>  (1) The REMAIL option should not be supplanted or supplemented by
>      anything in an /etc/default file.  The current behaviour of the
>      mixmaster init script, to examine /etc/mixmaster/remailer.conf's
>      REMAIL option, is correct.
>
>  (2) Policy is clear and correct, and need not be changed.

   [2] Choice K: Keep current behaviour and existing policy, as above.
   [1] Choice F: Further discussion

This bug hasn't been reassigned to the committee so we don't have any
business ruling on it.

Voting for further discussion to ensure that a positive result gets
treated as advice rather than overruling to avoid the maintainer being
forced to go through the ctte to review this behaviour in future.

Cheers,
aj