Re: Bug#367709 reopened
Bdale Garbee writes ("Bug#367709 reopened"):
> email@example.com (Debian Bug Tracking System) writes:
> > reopen 367709
> Committee members, am I missing something? Some discussion may be in order
> at least to help me understand whether you now believe this is an issue we
> should vote on?
I hereby propose as follows:
The Committee is of the opinion that:
1. It is not appropriate for the TC to rule on this matter; and/or
2. We agree with the existing maintainers' decision.
And, the Committee feels that:
3. We feel that the complainant (Sven Luther) is not the right
person to negotiate with the other maintainers in this area.
For these reason(s), we conclude:
4. This bug report should be closed.
5. Should someone other than Sven Luther have a similar request
we encourage them to do the appropriate design work and discuss
the matter with the other affected maintainers.
6. If such a person wishes to appeal a technical disagreement to
the Technical Committee we encourage them to do so.
I vote in favour.