Re: cdrtools GPL violation (was: Processed: Forwarding to the technical committee)

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 09:44:42PM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
>On 10614 March 1977, Ian Jackson wrote:
>
>> So I think Steve means to pass this hot potato, which he thinks is his
>> decision, to the TC.  Note that Eduard has already said he doesn't
>> want to be involved any more, and Joerg Jaspert has not participated
>> in the extensive discussion.  Steve, am I right ?  Joerg, do you
>> object to the TC making this decision ?
>
>Eduard is out of that, yes. Steve seems to want to be outside too,
>reassigning this bug to you, I would like to fight it, but im also fine
>with the TC to help making the following decisions or maybe even take
>them and of course giving your input.

I'm all in favour of fighting this too; I suppose I'm looking for some
discussion of options before committing to anything major. I'm
probably one of the more qualified people to maintain cdrtools or a
prospective fork: I've written filesystems and software to write to
CD-R and DVD-R in the past, and I've already added several patches
into the existing Debian cdrtools packages. If I had more tuits, I'd
have started on a fork already... :-(

Support the Campaign for Audiovisual Free Expression: http://www.eff.org/cafe/