Re: ndiswrapper

On 9/15/06, Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 01:17:07PM -0400, Raul Miller wrote:
> I don't see why ndiswrapper should be different, in this regard,
> than uae.

UAE requires a Kickstart ROM to be an Amiga emulator; apparently there's a
"minimal free build-in [sic] Kickstart replacement", but presumably the
maintainer doesn't think that's sufficient for real use.

This seems similar to the situation with ndiswrapper, but:

Other similar things that are in main include coldfire, dosbox, fceu,
gngb, pcsx, wine -- the difference there is also that they don't require
a non-free ROM to actually provide their emulation.

It sounds like the policy I was referring to is not actually policy.

I'm going to think about this a few more days, but I find your
argument here to be awfully tempting.

Thanks,

--
Raul