Bug#366938: svn commit access to the d-i repo ...
Martin Michlmayr writes ("Bug#366938: svn commit access to the d-i repo ..."):
> The DPL has already agreed that the decision of the d-i team was
> sound, see http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2006/05/msg00235.html
Aha! Right, well, I withdraw my earlier resolution and propose this
1. Sven Luther complains that he has been deprived of commit access to
debian-installer's svn repository.
2. Access controls, and changes to them, are a standard response to
sociopolitical problems and it is not for the TC to overrule those
3. While access controls sometimes make life more inconvenient, the
tradeoff between the inconvenience and the supposed benefits is a
4. The DPL had agreed, before Sven referred this issue to the TC,
that the decision of the d-i team was sound
THE COMMITTEE CONCLUDES
5. This is not a technical complaint.
6. It is the Project Leadership's decision whether uphold or overturn
the revocation of Sven's access.
7. We are pleased to see that the Project Leadership has the
matter in hand; the Leader has our full support.
8. We are disappointed that the complainant did not bring the prior
discussion - particularly, the decision by the Leader - to our
attention. We would ask all disputants, when bringing a matter to
the TC, to provide complete references to prior discussion and
decisions. This saves time and avoids any appearance of