Re: testing committee email (and minor essay)

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 08:25:05PM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
> Despite this (or perhaps because of this) there has been a singular lack
> of people saying anything resembling: "I'd like to join the technical
> committee.  Here's why I think I'd do a particularly good job ___...
> Would anyone like to step down and let me take their place, or could
> the active members allow me to replace someone inactive?"

I've been interested in the deliberations of the Tech Ctte, but always
figured that people got invited onto the ctte, not that you'd announce your
desire to the list and see if everyone else said "yeah!".  "Anyone who wants
the job should be banned from doing it", and all that sort of thing...

I don't fit the criteria Raul has laid out particularly well (occasional
lack of tact probably being my number one fault), but I do have a technical,
problem-solving nature, so if there's a self-nomination whiteboard
somewhere, consider my name on it.  <grin>

- Matt