Permissions for devices, technical committee discussion

Just in case the notifications from the BTS, and CC's so far, haven't
made this clear:

I would like to draw your attention to the fact that the Technical
Committee is considering complaints about the default permissions of
device nodes made by devmapper and lvm2.  See bug #316883 and the bugs
merged with it.

If anyone here has any information or opinions to contribute we would
like to hear it.  In particular, if there are any reasons why we
should not rule in favour of the bug submitters then we would like to
hear them now.[1]

If you would like more information about the TC or our processes feel
free to ask me, or read http://www.debian.org/devel/tech-ctte.

Thanks,
Ian.
(TC chairman)

[1] Note that you will need to subscribe to the TC mailing list in
order to post to it.  This is a regrettably necessary antispam
measure.