Re: `debian-ctte@d.o' etc. blackhole

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Ian Jackson wrote:

> > >   6. We insist that debian-ctte@d.o should be an alias for
> > >      debian-ctte@lists.d.o.
> >
> > Ok, I just did that.
>
> thanks.

Well, I have made an error in this it seems. The rational for not having
this sort of forward is pretty good. What I wanted to fix is the
_blackhole_ around debian-*@debian.org that is used by the remote list
auto-backuper, so I should have arranged for it to bounce. Please expect
that configuration change will happen.

> > Are you sure this is true? I didn't find any mention of a tech-ctte@lists
> > address after a few mins of random grepping, so this might be a general
> > black hole for all unmatched lists addresses.

> I've sent a test mail and we'll see what happens to it.

OK. You might also want to try does-not-exist@lists.debian.org. It is
possible that mechanism just broke with the move to postfix as I recall it
used some obscure qmail thingy. Listmaster would know for sure of course.

Jason