On Mon, 3 May 2004 17:28:43 +0100, Ian Jackson <ian@davenant.greenend.org.uk> said:

>  * Our Secretary seems to be under the impression that a vote must
>    be started within a certain period of a resolution being
>    proposed.  I don't think this is the case.  The discussion period
>    quoted in 4.2(4) is a _minimum_.  According to A.2(1), it is up
>    to the proposer or a sponsor to call for a vote, and there is no
>    need to hold a vote until they do so.

	Rubbish. In the case of the last GR, the sponsor had already
 called for a vote (twice, in fact, I asked that the vote be delayed
 the first time for for technical vote taking rasons, and he agreed).

>    I would ask all proposers and sponsors of resolutions to avoid
>    calling for a vote before reaching consensus on the wording of a
>    resolution.

	As far as I can tell, there was no dissent on the wording --
 indeed, there were no amendments being offered, and there was very
 little discussion happening.

	I would object to these additional comments being added to
 any official announcements from the ctte, unless they are better
 reasearched for accuracy.

	manoj
--
My own life has been spent chronicling the rise and fall of human
systems, and I am convinced that we are terribly vulnerable.  ...  We