Manoj Srivastava writes ("Re: Social Contract GR's Affect on sarge"):
> On Mon, 3 May 2004 17:28:43 +0100, Ian Jackson <ian@davenant.greenend.org.uk> said:
> >  * Our Secretary seems to be under the impression [...]
>
> 	Rubbish. In the case of the last GR, the sponsor had already
>  called for a vote (twice, in fact, I asked that the vote be delayed
>  the first time for for technical vote taking rasons, and he agreed).

Oh, my apologies.  I hadn't realised that the sponsor had asked for a
vote.

> >    I would ask all proposers and sponsors of resolutions to avoid
> >    calling for a vote before reaching consensus on the wording of a
> >    resolution.
>
> 	As far as I can tell, there was no dissent on the wording --
>  indeed, there were no amendments being offered, and there was very
>  little discussion happening.

Hrm.  I didn't actually read that discussion myself at the time in any
detail; I got the impression from one of the posters to the most
recent thread that the `editorial changes' GR had been put to a vote
prematurely.  Thanks for the correction.