Re: Versioned Symbols

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

> As an example: for SASL (which currently causes breakage encompassing LDAP
> (and through it, glibc nss modules), we would have to force-feed upstream a
> SASL2 enabled source of postfix and sendmail, for example. We would also
> have to drop our old openldap 2.0 and somehow get 2.1 ready.

Someone was recently talking on the LSB list about the problem, and his
proposed solution to to update ld.so to support what sounded like a
resolution scope, ie libldap would require libpngx it would get _all_ of
it's png symbols from libpngx no matter what symbols other libraries in
the same link happen to declare.

Apparently this is a feature from solaris..

Jason