Accessibility in Debian

Good morning,

I work at a charity that refurbishes donated computers for people with
physical disabilities.  We are considering going to Linux so that we can
save on licensing fees from the major software vendors. I have had Debian
suggested to me by someone at Mandrake as possibly having accessibility
features that would be useful for our clients.  We offer computers to
people with a wide range of disabilities, from visual impairment to
reduced motor skills.

We are wondering if Debian has any programs that
would assist in this, i.e. a screen magnifier, support for special
hardware such as one handed keyboards, etc.  Your FAQ did not indicate if
this was so.

If you have any further questions on this, please let me know.

I look forward to your response.

Best regards,

Dana Bentley
Computer Acquisitions