Re: Debian Crypto in Main document...

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 04:44:22PM -0600, Bdale Garbee wrote:
> Of course.  I didn't mean to imply it was a slam-dunk... if it were, we would
> have done it already and the set of crypto export questions we're asking would
> be different.
>
> My real point was that being too pessimistic about the future of US crypto
> export law won't lead to happiness.  We need to be careful, but mustn't let
> paranoia rule the day.

We don't make that decision.

At least, not right now.

What we're trying to do is come up with an accurate framework of questions
to pass on to the legal experts.  [Presumably, legal experts have some
expertise in guessing how the regulations are likely to change.  But,
more importantly, they can tell us about our legal obligations in the
face of such potential change.]

Thanks,

--
Raul