Kernel support for specific cpus

So far, I've not been able to turn up any benchmarks on linux kernels
compiled for different cpus.  There's stuff on kernel.org showing that
years ago someone had plans for documenting such benchmarks, but that's
the best that I've turned up so far.

That leaves me with only conjecture and superstition (mine is that
these speed differences aren't measurable for normal applications --
otherwise someone would have documented them).  However, conjecture and
superstition aren't a suitable basis for a technical committee decision.

Does *anyone* have any relevant, solid data that they can point us at?

If there's no hard data -- neither positive nor negative -- I think
we should adopt a wait&see attitude, expecting that [any day now] such
benchmark results will turn up, or that we'll soon have the resources
to conduct such benchmarks ourselves.

--
Raul