I'd like to question the current archive implementation -- where
email from non-committee member email addresses doesn't get
archived.

There's two problems with this:

(1) when we post from a non-official address, our mail doesn't
get archived.

(2) when someone proposes something to the committee, that doesn't
get archived.

[In particular, it's hard to prepare a ballot which adequately
covers all the proposals for this FSSTND -> FHS directory migration
issue because with inadequate archives.]

Also, note that this mechanism won't prevent people from posting
to the group inappropriately -- it will just mean we will have
no records of such inappropriate posts.

In other words, I'd like to see this mechanism discarded and to
have debian-ctte archive all email sent to this address.

Comments?

Thanks,

--
Raul