Procedure for submitting requests for clarification to the committee

Hi,

        Ther5e are issues that are arising from the ongoing move to
 FHS compliance that may need resolution through the technical
 committee. However, there are no public protocols or procedures to
 table a proposal to the committee.

        Personally, I think the tech committee has too much power
 contained in too few hands for it to be involved in any situation but
 that of the last resort, or for it to act ininvited or on its own
 accord.

        I posit that we also need a protocol that would prevent abuse
 of this process (there have been fears that once this process is
 widely known, then certain people shall tend to submit frivolous
 RFC(larifications) whenever their whim is thwarted ;-).

        Under the powers of this committee, the constitution states
 that any devreloper or group may refer a decision to the committee,
 but does not define any procedures that need be followed.

        What would teh committee feel about a requirement that either
 the project leader, or a group of developers (not less than 5,
 possibly 10), can submit a *technical* problem, and optionally a
 proposed solution, to be considered by the committee? The committee
 would retain the right to refuse to consider a proposal, of course.

        manoj

--
 Good day to deal with people in high places; particularly lonely
 stewardesses.