Re: Unsuccessful cross build of qemu on Debian 12

Hi, me again,

[Re: Unsuccessful cross build of qemu on Debian 12] On 24.05.24 (Fri 17:39) Johannes Schauer Marin Rodrigues wrote:

> Quoting Joe MacDonald (2024-05-24 16:30:11)
> > Unfortunately not quite for me, though now it's more of a configure options
> > problem, I think.  The sbuild is failing with this:

> >  sbuild-build-depends-main-dummy:arm64 : Depends: libblkio-dev:arm64 but it is not installable
> > E: External solver failed with: The following packages have unmet dependencies:
> > apt-get failed.
> > E: Package installation failed
> >
> > Which is probably not surprising since, from what I can tell, libblkio
> > isn't packaged for bookworm (not even in backports), only trixie forward.
>
> You can then backport it.
>
> > It doesn't look like there's an easy tweak to `--disable-blkio` on arm64,
> > either, so just removing that dependency in control-in didn't solve it for
> > me either.  I can ask around on #debian-devel though, too, if that makes more
> > sense.
>
> You could also backport that patch into qemu from bookworm.
>
> But backporting qemu or libblkio-dev from experimental to stable is no longer a
> topic for this list then. :)

I've had a bit more time to think about this over the weekend and
something isn't right here.  I'm not sure what, so some advice on what to
check next would be very much appreciated, but this:

  https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=qemu&suite=bookworm-backports

Shows that 1:8.2.1+ds-1~bpo12+1 has successfully built on arm64 for
bookworm quite recently, so my suggestion that this depends on libblkio,
which is only available in trixie and later is obviously wrong.  Does
anyone here have any ideas what I should check within my sbuild setup to
see why it thinks it needs libblkio-dev when I'm building using dget on:

  https://deb.debian.org/debian/pool/main/q/qemu/qemu_8.2.4+ds-1.dsc

Is that the wrong dsc for me to fetch, maybe, if I want to build from
backports?

--
-Joe MacDonald.
:wq