Re: protobuf-compiler-grpc: Multi-arch protobuf-compiler-grpc

Hello again,

On Sun, Dec 06, 2020 at 03:14:56PM +0100, Andreas Henriksson wrote:
> Package: protobuf-compiler-grpc
> Version: 1.16.1-1
> Severity: normal
>
> Dear Maintainer,
>
> I'm having a problem with grpc_cpp_plugin in my cross-build environment.
[...]
> If I'm not mistaken the protobuf-compiler-grpc package should be marked
> `Multi-Arch: foreign` just like for example protobuf-compiler package is.
[...]

I just discussed with Helmut on IRC where we collaborately tried to
figure out how protoc and grpc_cpp_plugin interacts. Helmut said
he'd write a more detailed report soon and post here, but the
conclusion was that using `Multi-Arch: foreign` is likely correct
for both protobuf-compiler and protobuf-compiler-grpc (as I previously
suggested in my initial bug report).

I would be happy to see this fix uploaded soon so it has a chance
to go into testing before freeze! As there has been no feedback
so far I'm preparing to NMU it soon. Please tell me if I can go
ahead directly, if you have any objections, etc.

Regards,
Andreas Henriksson