Re: Status of cross-building Python extension modules

Sorry for the flurry of email. I'm working on a build, and multiple
questions are coming up. I now have a package cross-building python3
extensions. I'm doing

  Build-Depends: libpython3-all-dev, python3:native

Does this make sense? The python3:native is used in the Makefiles.

Two more questions:

How do I Build-Depends on a c++ compiler? Which package do I ask for?

I run the test suite when building natively, so I had lots of
Build-Depends for that purpose. If cross-building, and thus not running
tests, those Build-Depends should be ignored. How do I do that?

Thanks!