Re: [RFH] dextractor

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 09:18:29PM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> > Anyway, the real issue is the gcc invocation. It's the build
> > architecture compiler. Please use $(CC) here. It'll be supplied by
> > dh_auto_build. You don't have to assign CC anywhere as make defaults it
> > to "cc".
> >

> Argh, I missed doing this while sending the email. However, even after
> using $(CC), it fails with the exact same set of linker errors.

It certainly doesn't fail with the exact same linker errors, because the
errors include the path of the linker and the linker changes.

> So probably it is something else that's triggering this. I'm attaching the
> modified patch in any case.

Yes, the thing that is triggering here (and during native builds) is the
pkg-config change. If you revert it (as it is unnecessary) and just keep
the "gcc" -> "$(CC)" and "$(MAKE)" -> "dh_auto_build --"
transformations, it cross builds just fine.

Helmut