Re: cross-building OpenJDK and JNI bindings

> On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 04:08:48PM +0100, Matthias Klose wrote:
> > According to http://crossqa.subdivi.de/src/openjdk-11 there is one missing issue
> > to cross build OpenJDK itself (#925467, please make ant and ant-optional M-A:
[…]
> https://bootstrap.debian.net/cross_all/openjdk-11.html

This looks like ant, ant-optional, and some C++ compiler conflicts,
nothing more (modulo this being a heuristic).

> > Looking further, we should make other build systems like gradle and groovy M-A:
> > foreign as well, together with *all* their binary-indep dependencies.   And
> > probably mark every binary-indep package as M-A: foreign ...
>
> Blindly marking all build systems Multi-Arch: foreign is bad as that

Yes, but these are all arch:all already, so unless they have not-arch:all
dependencies, this ought to work (I really can’t think of a way to
implement something in arch:all with only arch:all dependencies that
doesn’t work as M-A:foreign). Testing is likely still appreciated ☻

ant-optional Depends only on ant, which only Depends on a headless JRE,
so this “ought to” be safe, even right now.

> That said, I'm happy to help with resolving these issues.

We’re happy you are investing so much effort into cross‑/rebootstrapping.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
tarent solutions GmbH
Rochusstraße 2-4, D-53123 Bonn • http://www.tarent.de/

**!!! NEU !!!** Mit der **tarent Academy** bieten wir ab sofort auch Trainings
und Schulungen in den Bereichen Softwareentwicklung, Agiles Arbeiten und
Zukunftstechnologien an. Besuchen Sie uns
auf [www.tarent.de/academy](http://www.tarent.de/academy). Wir freuen uns auf
Ihren Kontakt.