Re: rebuilding systemd for armhf

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 07:03:01AM +0000, Falk Niebuhr wrote:
> first of all, this is my first post and I hope I am on the right list.

You are not posting to the right list. The debian-cross list is
concerned with compiling software for one architecture on a machine of a
different architecture. In your case however, you build systemd for
armhf on armhf, which is usually called "native".

A better place might be debian-mentors or
pkg-systemd-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org (that's the Mainatainer
field of systemd).

> For a Debian Jessie based ARM device I try to rebuild the systemd package
> from the backports.
> Unfortunately this does not work, the build never ends and hangs.

With your level of detail, filing a bug report against the systemd
source package may be appropriate. Though note that developers tend to
concentrate on the next stable release not the previous one, so your
mileage may vary.

Helmut