Re: Debian::Build::DependencyTree

[bootstrapping rather than cross specifically, but we don't have a
specific bootstrap list, so this seemed like a good place to send this
info so that it was more widely known]

+++ Philip Boulain [2016-02-03 14:14 +0000]:
> Hello,
>
> We build a product that we've been reworking to base on top of Debian, and as
> part of that have had tooling to calculate the build ordering of a large set of
> Debian packages. We recently cleaned it up, made it testable, and released it
> as Free Software. Unfortunately we'd missed the Bootstrappable Debian SoC
> project you mentored[1] until now, and it looks like botch is probably more
> capable, but in case it is of any use to you or others, our work can be found
> at:
>
> https://github.com/Smoothwall/libdebian-build-dependencytree-perl

Thanks for that info, and for the software.

Does it use/understand build-profiles for untangling dependency loops,
or do you have some other mechanism? Does it consider only native
building or cross-building or both? Understanding its limitations or
advantages in comparison to botch (or debtree or xdeb) would be good.

A tool that only needs perl, rather than ocaml, might well be useful for
some circumstances.

You might want to join our #debian-bootstrap channel where we discuss
these issues?

Do you plan to package it for Debian?

Wookey
http://wookware.org/