Re: flex is no longer M-A:foreign

On Mon, Feb 08 2016, Wookey wrote:

> +++ Helmut Grohne [2016-02-08 20:10 +0100]:
>> Hi Wookey,

>> So I still think that my patch is simpler for package maintainers using
>> flex, precisely because they do not have to think. In fact, nothing
>> changes for them. It just magically starts working for cross compiling
>> as well.

> True. It's up to Manoj really. I think this thread has clearly covered
> the issues. (apart from someone needing to work out how many thing
> _actually_ need libfl-dev).

> Yours does produce 3 binary packages instead of 2. But that's quite a
> small overhead in exchange for no more work than 'upload new flex'

        I have now upload flex-2.6.0-5 to experimental, and asked on
 #debian-qa for the credentials to run a partial archive rebuild. Once
 #the rebuild is done, we’ll have a better idea of the scope of the
 problem, and whether it is better to just have people install libfl-dev
 whenever they need flex, or not. I am not wedded  to my approach yet, I
 just wanted some more numbers.

	Apart from Helmut, and I, which have opinions on the two
 approaches, does anyone else care to weigh in?

        Manoj
--
Kent's Heuristic: Look for it first where you'd most like to find it.
4096R/C5779A1C E37E 5EC5 2A01 DA25 AD20  05B6 CF48 9438 C577 9A1C