Re: reporting and helping fix bugs in packages from the debian cross-toolchains repository

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 5:57 AM, Wookey <wookey@wookware.org> wrote:

> +++ Jason Pearce [2015-05-27 01:22 -0500]:
> > If this is the best place for for discussing the issue, the specific problem is
> > in linking C++ code on jessie:amd64 when targeting arm-linux-gnueabi. Even an
> > empty main function will fail to link with the following errors.
>
> Hmm, that sounds quite broken. I'll take a look and get back to you.
>
> Wookey

Aha. I found the culprit. There was most of an old 4.7.2-5 cross
toolchain installed that was interfering somehow despite
arm-linux-gnueabi-g++ --version reporting itself as 4.9.2-10. Once I
removed the 4.7.2-5 packages, sanity re-ensued. My apologies if I sent
you tilting after windmills.  : )

Jason