Re: crossbuild dependency satisfaction

Hi,

Quoting Johannes Schauer (2014-11-09 16:29:37)
> Fourthly, I fed the selection of 550 source packages that cross.html displays
> into the new dose3 wrapper. The result is available here:
> https://mister-muffin.de/p/xOJO.html Most results in the "conflicts" table
> seem to come from build-essential:host being drawn in by build dependencies
> on gobject-introspection:host. I might replace the current cross.html page
> with daily results from this program in the future. But first, dose3 needs to
> be fixed.

I now used the dose3 wrapper (it's called botch-buildcheck-more-problems) to
check all source packages (that are not Architecture: all) in Debian unstable.
The whole run took 28 hours on a 3.8 GHz Athlon X4 (single threaded). This
runtime will become lower once dose3 gets fixed and once more source packages
can satisfy their crossbuild dependencies out of the box.

Here is the resulting (2MB html) overview:

https://mister-muffin.de/p/Ztuz.html

In contrast to the last outputs, I pimped the dose yaml to html converted to
better group the results and to sort them by number of affected source
packages.

There are about ~750 haskell packages which influence the output a lot because
they all have a missing dependency on haskell-devscripts and they all conflict
with binutils, gcc, cpp and gcc-4.9 through ghc.

After haskell-devscripts, the second-most reason why source packages cannot
satisfy their crossbuild dependencies is docbook-xml (#732096). The third-most
reason is dh-python (#767339).

In the conflicts table, most can be solved by ghc depending on gcc-for-host
instead of gcc once this mechanism is possible. Another big blocker in that
table are the 1415 source packages blocked by perl not being multiarchified
yet.

Hope this helps!

cheers, josch