Re: Removal of this list?

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 12:55:42PM +0200, Luk Claes wrote:
> MJ Ray wrote:
> >>We as maintainers of the consultants page don't use this mailing list at
> >>all. So it gets almost only spam. If noone objects I'll ask for its removal.
> >

> > Just to be clear: I object.
> >
> > Will you support its transfer to owners from among the debian-consultants
> > subscribers?
>
> I don't fully understand what you mean. AFAICT there is nothing to
> transfer: either the list remains or the list is removed.
>
> > Will the consultants maintainers promote membership of the list to
> > new entrants of the consultants page? I believe they would be
> > welcome to announce themselves here, should they wish.
>
> Do you mean you want to use the list among Debian consultants? If so,
> then I'll not ask to remove the list and we could promote the list.
>
> But it should be clear that the list will not be used by the consultants
> page maintainers for the moment (this can change of course). So, please
> make sure that if anything is to be changed to the consultants page to
> send it still to consultants@debian.org. And please, if you want to
> discuss something with the maintainers, then Cc consultants@debian.org.

Hrm, I guess Luk missed (unless I am missing something here):

http://www.debian.org/consultants/#policy
 If you wish to have your company added to this page, please mail any of
 the following information in English to consultants@debian.org

http://lists.debian.org/debian-consultants/ :
 Debian consultants, paid support
 Communication among and about Debian consultants.

i.e.: debian-consultants@lists.debian.org is not solely for the
maintainers of the consultants page.

Bye,

Joost (who'd like to see the list kept)