Re: Debian Consulting

Rich Bodo <rsb@ostel.com> writes:

> In my opinion, Debian is not being promoted to nearly as many people
> as it should be.  I have handed out many a Debian or Knoppix CD to
> competent sysadmins using RedHat simply because they had not heard
> much about Debian.  I'm sure there is a more organized way to go
> about promoting Debian.

You are correct. We no longer sell RH boxed sets but still people
phone up wanting RHAS or something. When ask why they don't just
download Debian they just say "oh it's what my customer wants and he
likes the support".

For me support is a crucial issue. Unfortunately that then involves
some kind of certification, which generally I am against.

--
Richard Watson
Openia Limited